Tarifa is in between two waters, the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, between two natural parks, and although it is in Europe you can see Africa.
This privileged location makes it possible for you to enjoy spectacular, almost virgin beaches with protected environments. It is also possible to do whale watching while you cross from one sea to another. Additionally, Tarifa is ideal for practicing water sports, especially surfing and kitesurfing. Tarifa is the Mecca of surfing in Europe.
The historic centre of the town keeps the charm of Andalusian sailor towns, with white, cobbled, narrow streets, whitewashed houses and orange trees along the sidewalks.
Besides from the natural environment, Tarifa offers an extraordinary cultural scene, especially styles flamenco, samba, jazz, chill-out, pop and blended African rhythms. Culture in various forms is offered in small locations around the city. The atmosphere at night is spectacular thanks to the music and the influx of athletes from all over the world, especially surfers, making Tarifa an ideal place to meet new people.
Tarifa is history, the castle of Guzmán el Bueno and the archaeological site of Baelo Claudia, are some of the best-preserved remains of Roman urbanism.
What to do in Tarifa?
- Enjoy beautiful, untact beaches of fine sand.
- Get to know large Dunes, hop on top of them, enjoy the views and slide them down.
- Sports such as surfing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing.
- Excursions on horseback along the beach and inland.
- Excursions with mountain bikes.
- Boat trips to watch dolphins.
- Enjoy an eclectic nightlife.
- Learn about valuable archaeological remains.
- Get lost in the castle of Guzmán el Bueno.
- Enjoy the best seafood.